Somebody once told me
To Write Well,
Write What You Know.
This is what I know......

Friday 27 July 2012

Show Some Love


Think about the last time you read about something good. It will be difficult, as the world is going through some dark times and rarely do we hear hopeful news.
Yesterday I happened to go through a short but sweet article. Haven't read anything like this in years!
The writing given below is about something that has actually happened.
They say humans are growing selfish, narrow-minded, moral values are degrading and the world is becoming a horrible place. Believe me, this article is going to restore your faith in humanity:



My little sister came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language.

I asked her why? She told me there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him. 

Today I stood beside her at their wedding, watching her sign "I do".


 If one of us dare to go out of our way to show compassion to our fellow living beings, that could trigger many other people; similar to a chain reaction. Let us perform some random acts of kindness every day. Make the world a better place to live in. 
That best portion of a good man's life,
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
-William Wordsworth


4 comments:

  1. Today I stood beside her at their wedding, watching her sign "I do".

    Inspiring,,
    Indeed.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :)
      So sweet it made my eyes water! Knowing that there are many good people on earth makes us feel good too. That's why I shared it :)

      Delete
  2. really......"now I remember they question of Jayasurya to TV reporter in the movie Beautiful"

    My little sister came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language.

    I asked her why? She told me there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him.

    Today I stood beside her at their wedding, watching her sign "I do"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a friend of mine said "Disability should never be the reason that stops you from loving someone..."

      Delete